A unique learning experience empowering government representatives and uncovering the true potential of their country’s innovators.
EIT Food Government Executive Academy (GEA) brings together government representatives from 15 RIS countries, researchers working in the field of agri-food innovations from industry, academia and European institutions.
The Academy is an advisory and capability building program that offers insights into challenges related to food system innovations and regulations. It is also an opportunity to exchange best practices that will contribute to further improvements of Research & Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies and future development of operational programs based on the EU Structural and Investment Funds as well as a chance to build networks of government representatives crucial for new EU funded programs.
The Academy is delivered by University of Warsaw, EIT Food CLC North-East and EIT Food CLC South with a group of industrial partners: Danone, VTT, PepsiCo and Siemens.
This activity will take place between 23rd and 25th of October 2019 in Warsaw, Poland.
Applications are open from 24th of June till 6th of September 2019. Please apply at EIT Food Application Portal.
Academy is free of charge
Participants do not pay tuition
Travel and personal costs are reimbursed
(up to 1,000€ lump sum, reimbursed in accordance with EIT/Horizon
2020 rules -> tickets and invoices + tax certificates where applicable)
Application deadline and assessment
Event in Warsaw, Poland
Key features of the Academy
- workshops focused on real-life challenges experienced by global food industry players and actual needs of industry and customers
- lectures offering insights into the complexity of food system, state-of-the-art technologies and innovations developed by the agri-food industry
- highly interactive learning program based on case-studies and real-life examples
- working with European experts in agri-food industry and innovation management
- participants do not pay tuition fee and have travel and personal costs reimbursed (up to the level of €1,000 gross refunded in accordance with EIT/Horizon 2020 rules)
- excellent opportunities to build an international network of policy‐makers working on the agri-food related Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3), exchanging experiences to continuously improve the national and regional policies.
You will meet
You will be part of a cohort of 45 government representatives from 15 RIS countries (Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey) involved in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of Research & Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3) related to agri-food industry or in defining regulatory policies related to agri-food industry. During the Academy, you will meet government executives, directors, managers, scientists and other experts working in the agri-food industry, non-governmental sector, European institutions and media.
You can expect
The Academy will supply you with expert knowledge on challenges faced by the global agri-food industry, state-of-the-art technologies relevant to the contemporary food system and best practices in innovation management. With our guests and experts from the field, you can expect to strengthen the innovation eco-systems in your country, increase the internationalization of your country’s agri-food companies and increase success rates of new product launches to leverage the benefits of public funding distributed for Research & Innovations. You will also have an opportunity to share good practices, benefit from lessons learned of other countries and participate in an international network of policy experts involved in the updates of RIS3 and the development of the future operational programs based on European Structural and Investment Funds, 2021–2027.
The organizers aim at outstanding employees of national or regional governments (including ministries, regional agencies and regulatory bodies) from 15 RIS countries (Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Greece, Hungary, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Turkey).
The ideal applicant should:
- Be involved in the design, implementation and/or monitoring of Research & Innovation Smart Specialisation Strategies (RIS3) related to agri-food industry or in defining development projects of regulatory policies related to agri-food industry in her or his country
- Have relevant knowledge and experience in public policy development on a regional or national level
- Have a leadership potential which means she or he has a track record in coordinating projects or contributing to new initiatives in RIS3
- Have an entrepreneurial approach to problem-solving and willingness to share her or his knowledge with other participants of the EIT Food GEA
- Bring diversity. We strongly encourage applications from various geographical regions and women submitted by specialists in multiple fields.
All workshops will be held in English. Therefore at least a working knowledge of this language is required.
To apply visit EIT Food Application Portal.
The application deadline is 20 September 2018.
The Academy is delivered by University of Warsaw, EIT Food CLC North-East and EIT Food CLC South with a group of industrial partners: Danone, PepsiCo, Siemens and VTT.
Name: Adam Puchejda
Organisation: University of Warsaw
Find out how EIT Food Hub can help you!
EIT Food Co-Location Centre North-East was established in Warsaw in 2017. Together with our partners from Denmark, Finland and Poland we work towards making the food system more resource-efficient, secure, transparent and trusted. Our goal is to boost the skills and entrepreneurial spirit in agri-food sector in order to deliver a healthier lifestyle for all European citizens.