About EIT Food
EIT Food is Europe’s leading food innovation initiative, working to make the food system more sustainable, healthy and trusted by consumers.
BioCC OÜ represents EIT Food in Estonia and acts as the ‘contact point’ for the local representatives
of agrifood sector. Acting as EIT Food HUB in Estonia BioCC OÜ supports innovators and entrepreneurs,
organise local trainings and workshops for students (RIS Fellowships), start-ups (Demo Day and Innovation Prizes), researchers, farmers and brings together government executives.
Events organized by EIT Food Hub Estonia
Twice a year (Summer and Winter)
Twice a year (Spring and Fall)
Events in 2020
FoodBalt 2020 - Ideation Workshop
EIT Food Awareness Day
ADAPTER Cooperation Festival
We need to future proof our food. So we are on a mission to build an inclusive and innovative community where the consumer is actively involved.
This is achieved through our 6 strategic objectives:
- Overcome low consumer trust – supporting European citizens in the transition towards a smart food system that is inclusive and reassuring
- Create consumer-valued food for healthier nutrition – enabling individuals to make informed and affordable personal nutrition choices
- Build a consumer-centric connected food system – developing a digital food supply network with consumers and industry as equal partners
- Enhance sustainability through resource stewardship – developing solutions to transform the traditional ‘produce-use-dispose’ model into a circular bio-economy
- Educate to engage, innovate and advance – providing ‘food system’ skills for students, entrepreneurs and professionals through advanced training programmes
- Catalyse food entrepreneurship and innovation – fostering innovation at all stages of business creation
Download our Strategic Agenda for 2018 – 2024 here.
BioCC OÜ is the EIT Food Hub Estonia
Ask us anything here:
We will respond within 3 working days – or contact BioCC OÜ directly at LinkedIn